A division of the Department of Public Works, Animal Care and Control operates the City of Bloomington Animal Shelter and is the primary provider of animal-related services for Bloomington. Bloomington Animal Care and Control’s mission is to address and respond to all animal needs in the community through education, enforcement and support in order to build a community where animals are valued and treated with kindness and respect.
Animal Control responds to calls that include:
– picking up stray and injured animals
– investigating cruelty and neglect charges
– taking bite reports and ensuring proper quarantine procedures are followed
– investigating calls regarding concerns about proper animal care
– sick or injured wildlife
– picking up dead animals that are in the public roadways