Validation procedures can be used by humans as check-lists to verify if their submission is correct. These are written specific and operational so that they may be checked by systems processing SPL documents.
The Validation Procedures for DEA Schedule are as follows:
– If the product item code (NDC) is on the DEA Exempt Products List, then there is no DEA schedule.
– If there is a DEA schedule, then the code system is 2.16.840.1.1138184.108.40.206.1
– Display name matches the code
– The policy element has a class code of ‘DEADrugSchedule’.
– If the product item code (NDC) is not on the DEA Exempt Products List, then the DEA Schedule matches the one in the Controlled Substance Table where all supplied constraints match.