Common examples of Healthcare Services resources are:
– Allied Health
– Clinical Neuropsychologist
– Podiatry Service
– Smallville Hospital Emergency Services
– Respite care provided at a nursing home or hostel
– 24hr crisis telephone counseling service
– Information, advice and/or referral services; Disability, Telecommunications
– Rural Tele-Health Services
– Hospital in the home
– Yellow Cabs
– Active Rehab
– Social Support
– Drug and/or alcohol counseling
– Day Programs, Adult Training & Support Services
– Consulting psychologists and/or psychology services
– Group Hydrotherapy
– Little River Home Maintenance
– Healthcare Service resources do not represent Computer related Services (not SOA)
Example uses of Healthcare Service resources are:
– National Services Directory – Consumer Focus
– National Services Directory – Practitioner Referrals Searching
– Organization’s Client Portal – to locate services / book appointments
– Address book of services for Referrals including references to Questionnaires for assessments that are required as part of the referral
– Health Network internal directory is used for tracking available services offered internally, and also those offered by business partners. This information may also include costing information.
When creating an Appointment, the Healthcare Service is to be assigned to one of the participants.
It is up to the scheduling system to determine if the service is available and can be accepted.
The Healthcare Service resource is used with the following resources:
– Organization: The organization provides the services, the healthcare service describes the services
– Service Request: This is a subject specific request for a specific service, it may be to a specific healthcare service, and/or simply a coded service value. The granularity included in the request codes may be finer than defined in the healthcare service.
– Organization Affiliation: Might constrain a list of healthcare services that are available between two organizations
– Location: Specifies the place where the service(s) are offered/available within.