This dataset is created by Crowd Flower. The data contains information filled out on forms by patients. The contributors at Crowd Flower then went through the data and determined the relationship of a drug to certain symptoms or diseases. There are two types of relationships. A drug either: Caused side effects – Drug gave me symptom.
– Was effective against a condition – Drug helped my disease
– Is prescribed for a certain disease – Drug was given to help my disease
– Is contraindicated in – Drug should not be taken if you have disease or symptom
– The second similarity was more about the statement itself. Those broke down into:
– Personal experiences – I started drug for disease
– Personal experiences negated – Drug did not cause symptom
– Impersonal experiences – I’ve heard drug causes symptom
– Impersonal experiences negated – I’ve read rug doesn’t cause symptom
– Question – Have you tried drug?