- List of Cell Lines From Human and Animal Species
- Animal and Human Cell Line Catalog
- Cell Line
- Genetic Cell Lines
- List of Cell Lines
- Human and animanl cell lines
- Animal Cell Cultures as Models
- Animal Cell Cultures
- Animal Cell as Models
- Immortalized Cell Line
Human and Animal Cell Lines
This dataset consists of a collection of cell lines by DSMZ (Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen Institute). This collection currently comprises more than 800 different immortalized cell cultures of primate, rodent, amphibian, fish, insect origin isolated from numerous tissues and hybridomas.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
The use of animal cell cultures as models of human disease is an integral part of scientific research, providing taxonomic equivalents resembling human physiology. The study of animal cells also affords researchers greater understanding in areas of developmental biology, protein expression, and genetic evolution.
An immortalized cell line is a population of cells from a multicellular organism which would normally not proliferate indefinitely but, due to mutation, have evaded normal cellular senescence and instead can keep undergoing division. The cells can therefore be grown for prolonged periods in vitro. The mutations required for immortality can occur naturally or be intentionally induced for experimental purposes. Immortal cell lines are a very important tool for research into the biochemistry and cell biology of multicellular organisms.
While developing a new cell line; the following points should be kept in mind
– Record all data relevant to the origin of the tissue when starting a new cell line and keep tissue for DNA profiling.
– Make sure the names of new cell lines are unique.
– Acquired cell lines should come from a reliable source and must be authenticated to avoid misidentification.
– Authenticated cells should be banked for future use and cultures replaced regularly from frozen stock.
– Regulations often apply to the distribution of cell lines and only authenticated stocks should be distributed.
Cell lines can be developed in-house, acquired from other laboratories (if there is no more reliable source) or purchased from a cell bank. Whatever the source, it is essential to ensure that the cells are authenticated and free from contamination such as mycoplasma.
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures;
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Cell Line, Genetic Cell Lines, List of Cell Lines, Human and animanl cell lines, Animal Cell Cultures as Models, Animal Cell Cultures, Animal Cell as Models, Immortalized Cell Line
List of Cell Lines From Human and Animal Species, Animal and Human Cell Line Catalog
|Cell_Line_ID||Cell Line Identifier by DSMZ (Deutsche Sammlung von Mikroorganismen und Zellkulturen Institute)||string||-|
|DSMZ_Cell_Line_Number||Cell Line Number assigned by DSMZ||integer||level : Nominal|
|Nonstandard_Species_Name||Species name from which the cell line sample is taken||string||required : 1|
|Name_of_Cell_Type||Name of the cell type based on differential regulation of the genes they contain.||string||-|
|Cell Line ID||DSMZ Cell Line Number||Nonstandard Species Name||Name of Cell Type|
|L-929||2||murine (mouse)||connective tissue fibroblast|
|HL-60||3||human||acute myeloid leukemia|
|U-698-M||4||human||B cell lymphoma|
|PEER||6||human||T cell leukemia|
|CML-T1||7||human||T cell leukemia|
|K-562||10||human||chronic myeloid leukemia in blast crisis|