- US Offenses Reported during 2016
- US Crimes and Number of Offenses
- Uniform Crime Reporting Program US 2016
- Crime Reports
- United States Crime
- Crime Reported to Police
- Property Crime Statistics
Offenses Known to Law Enforcement by State and City 2016
This dataset shows the information of offenses known to law enforcement by state and city with population 100,000 and above in the year 2016
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
Violent crimes include four crime categories:
(1) Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, as defined in the UCR program, it means the willful (nonnegligent) killing of one human being by another.
(2) Forcible rape is the carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will. Assaults or attempts to commit rape by force or threat of force are also included; however, statutory rape (without force) and other sex offenses are excluded.
(3) Robbery is the taking or attempting to take anything of value from the car, custody, or control of a person or persons by force or threat of force or violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
(4) Aggravated assault is an unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. This type of assault is usually accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm. Attempts are included since an injury does not necessarily have to result when a gun, knife, or other weapon is used, which could and probably would result in a serious personal injury if the crime were successfully completed.
In general, property crimes include four crime categories:
(1) Burglary is the unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or theft.
(2) Larceny-theft is the unlawful taking, carrying, leading, or riding away of a property from the possession or constructive possession of another. It includes crimes such as shoplifting, pocket picking, purse snatching, thefts from motor vehicles, thefts of motor vehicle parts and accessories, and bicycle thefts, in which no use of force, violence, or fraud occurs. This crime category does not include embezzlement, ‘‘con’’ games, forgery, worthless checks, and motor vehicle theft.
(3) Motor vehicle theft is the theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. This definition excludes the taking of a motor vehicle for temporary use by those persons having lawful access.
(4) Arson is any willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn, with or without intent to defraud, a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, personal property of another, etc. Only fires determined through investigation to have been willfully or maliciously set are classified as arson. Fires of suspicious or unknown origins are excluded.
About this Dataset
2016-01 to 2016-06
John Snow Labs; U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation;
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Crime Reports, United States Crime, Crime Reported to Police, Property Crime Statistics
US Offenses Reported during 2016, US Crimes and Number of Offenses, Uniform Crime Reporting Program US 2016
|City||Cities where the offenses were committed||string||-|
|Number_Of_Violent_Crime||Violent Crime Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Murder_And_Nonnegligent_Manslaughter||Total Murder Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Rape||Rape Crime Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Rape_Revised_Definition||Rape Crime Revised Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Robbery||Robbery Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Aggravated_Assault||Aggravated Assault Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Property_Crime||Property Crime Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Burglary||Burglary Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Larceny_Theft||Larceny-Theft Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Motor_Vehicle_Theft||Motor Vehicle Theft Reported by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|Number_Of_Arson||Arson Crime by State and by City in 2016||integer||level : Ratio|
|State||City||Number Of Violent Crime||Number Of Murder And Nonnegligent Manslaughter||Number Of Rape||Rape Revised Definition||Robbery||Number Of Aggravated Assault||Number Of Property Crime||Number Of Burglary||Number Of Larceny Theft||Number Of Motor Vehicle Theft||Number Of Arson|