- HCAHPS Comparison of Adult Survey 2.0 Top Box Scores
- CAHPS Patient Satisfaction Survey by State 2015 and 2016
- CAHPS Comparison of Patient Satisfaction
- CAHPS Consumer Survey
- Patient Satisfaction Survey
- Health Care Provider
- Patient Satisfaction
- Consumer Survey
CAHPS Comparison of Adult Survey Top Box Scores by State
This dataset is from the CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey Database and Chartbook: What Patients Say About Their Health Care Providers and Medical Practices. It presents comparative results from the Comparison of Adult Survey 2.0, Adult Survey 3.0 and Child Survey 3.0 Combined Top-Box Scores that display the percent of survey respondents who chose the most positive score for a given item response scale to a composite item by State from 2015 to 2018.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
This dataset uses the annual Chartbook, which presents the comparative results from the 2015 and 2018 CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (CG-CAHPS) Database by State for the following CG-CAHPS Survey versions:
1. Adult Survey 2.0 Combined: Combined results from the 12-month and 6-month Adult 2.0 Core Survey combined with the core questions from the 12-month and 6-month Adult 2.0 Survey with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Supplemental Items. The results also include the PCMH supplemental composites and items.
2. Adult Survey 3.0 Combined: Results from the Adult 3.0 Core Survey combined with the core questions from the Adult 3.0 Survey with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Supplemental Items. The results also include the PCMH supplemental composites and items.
3. Child Survey 3.0 Combined: Results from the Child 3.0 Core Survey combined with the core questions from the Child 3.0 Survey with Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Supplemental Items. The results also include the PCMH supplemental composites and items.
Note: Latest data submitted for all survey versions were collected from January 2016 through December 2018.
Both 2015 and 2016 selected highlights of the results presented in this dataset include the highest scoring core survey composite in three of the four survey versions is “How Well Providers Communicate with Patients” (Provider Communication). The lowest scoring core survey composite is “Getting Timely Appointments, Care, and Information” (Access) and satisfaction with the office Staff service. Scores for all of the 2.0 survey versions generally remained stable or increased slightly over time.
Note on the Survey Results: When reporting comparison scores by State, State with fewer than five practices and/or fewer than 300 completed surveys are not shown.
About this Dataset
2015-01 to 2018-12
John Snow Labs; Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS);
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
HCAHPS, Patient Satisfaction Survey, Health Care Provider, Patient Satisfaction, Consumer Survey
HCAHPS Comparison of Adult Survey 2.0 Top Box Scores, CAHPS Patient Satisfaction Survey by State 2015 and 2016, CAHPS Comparison of Patient Satisfaction, CAHPS Consumer Survey
|State||State where the survey data on the Top-Box Scores was gathered.||string||required : 1|
|Year||Year of the Top-Box Scores survey data.||date||required : 1|
|Total_Number_Of_Respondents||Total number of respondents who participated in the survey.||integer||level : Ratiorequired : 1|
|Access_Percentage||Percentage of the respondents who gave a positive satisfaction score in terms of the healthcare access.||number||level : Ratiorequired : 1|
|Provider_Communication_Percentage||Percentage of the respondents who gave a positive satisfaction score in terms of provider communication.||number||level : Ratiorequired : 1|
|Office_Staff_Percentage||Percentage of the respondents who gave a positive satisfaction score in terms of the office staff service.||number||level : Ratiorequired : 1|
|Care_Coordination_Percentage||Percentage of the respondents who gave a positive satisfaction score in terms of the care coordination service. This survey is added from year 2017.||number||level : Ratio|
|Patients_Rating_Of_The_Provider||Percentage of the respondents who gave a positive satisfaction score for the healthcare provider.||number||level : Ratiorequired : 1|
|State||Year||Total Number Of Respondents||Access Percentage||Provider Communication Percentage||Office Staff Percentage||Care Coordination Percentage||Patients Rating Of The Provider|
|CAHPS DB Overall||2016||118444||1||1||1||1|