- Health Inspection Star Rating for Nursing Home Compare
- CMS Quality Improvement Program
- Health Inspection Data
- Nursing Quality of Care
- Nursing Home Compare Information
- Nursing Staffing Information
- Nursing Quality Measures
- Nursing Home Compare
- Renal Disease Clinical Measures
- Quality Measures
- Nursing Home Compare Data
Nursing Home Compare State-Level Health Inspection Cut Points
This dataset represents State-specific ranges for the weighted health inspection score for each health inspection star rating category.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
Nursing Home Compare allows consumers to compare information about nursing homes. It contains quality of care and staffing information for all 15,000 plus Medicare- and Medicaid-participating nursing homes. Nursing homes aren’t included in Nursing Home Compare if they aren’t Medicare- or Medicaid-certified. These Nursing Homes can be licensed by the state.
Nursing Home Compare includes information on:
– 5-star quality ratings of individual or overall performance on health inspections, quality measures, and hours of care provided per resident by staff performing nursing care tasks.
– Health and fire-safety inspections with detailed and summary information about deficiencies found during the 3 most recent comprehensive inspections (conducted annually) and the last 3 years of complaint investigations.
– Nursing home staffing information about the number of registered nurses, licensed practical or vocational nurses, physical therapists and nursing assistants in each nursing home.
– A set of quality measures that describe the quality of care in nursing homes including % of residents with pressure sore, % of residents with urinary incontinence and more.
– Penalties against a nursing home.
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Nursing Home Compare Data;
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Health Inspection Data, Nursing Quality of Care, Nursing Home Compare Information, Nursing Staffing Information, Nursing Quality Measures, Nursing Home Compare, Renal Disease Clinical Measures, Quality Measures, Nursing Home Compare Data
Health Inspection Star Rating for Nursing Home Compare, CMS Quality Improvement Program
|State_Abbreviation||The two-letter abbreviations of the state in the mailing address of the facility. This includes information on hospitals in the U.S states.||string||-|
|Five_Stars||Cut point range to obtain a 5-star health inspection score within a specific state.||string||-|
|Four_Stars||Cut point range to obtain a 4-star health inspection score within a specific state.||string||-|
|Three_Stars||Cut point range to obtain a 3-star health inspection score within a specific state.||string||-|
|Two_Stars||Cut point range to obtain a 2-star health inspection score within a specific state.||string||-|
|One_Star||Cut point range to obtain a 1-star health inspection score within a specific state.||string||-|
|State Abbreviation||Five Stars||Four Stars||Three Stars||Two Stars||One Star|