- Membership to WIPO Administered Copyright Treaties
- WIPO Administered Copyright Treaties List of Countries
- List of Membership to International Copyright Treaties
- List of Parties to International Copyright Protection Treaties
- Copyright Treaties
- WIPO Administered Treaties
- International Copyrights
Membership to International Copyright Treaties
This dataset provides the details of the membership to WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) administered treaties on the subject matter of copyright.
Get The Data
- ResearchNon-Commercial, Share-Alike, Attribution Free Forever
- CommercialCommercial Use, Remix & Adapt, White Label Log in to download
These treaties include Beijing Treaty on audiovisual performances, Berne Convention for the protection of literary and artistic works, Brussels Convention relating to the distribution of programme-carrying signals transmitted by satellite, Marrakesh Treaty to facilitate access to published works for persons who are blind or visually impaired or otherwise print disabled, Convention for the protection of producers of phonograms against unauthorized duplication of their phonograms, WIPO Copyright Treaty and WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty. While no creative work is automatically protected worldwide, there are international treaties which provide protection automatically for all creative works as soon as they are fixed in a medium.
– Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances: The Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances was adopted on June 24, 2012. It deals with the intellectual property rights of performers in audiovisual performances.
– Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works: The Berne Convention, adopted in 1886, deals with the protection of works and the rights of their authors. It provides creators such as authors, musicians, poets, painters etc. with the means to control how their works are used, by whom, and on what terms. It is based on three basic principles and contains a series of provisions determining the minimum protection to be granted, as well as special provisions available to developing countries that want to make use of them.
– Brussels Convention Relating to the Distribution of Programme-Carrying Signals Transmitted by Satellite: The Brussels or Satellites Convention provides for the obligation of each Contracting State to take adequate measures to prevent the unauthorized distribution on or from its territory of any programme-carrying signal transmitted by satellite.
– Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled: The Marrakesh Treaty was adopted on June 27, 2013 in Marrakesh and it forms part of the body of international copyright treaties administered by WIPO. It has a clear humanitarian and social development dimension and its main goal is to create a set of mandatory limitations and exceptions for the benefit of the blind, visually impaired, and otherwise print disabled (VIPs).
– Convention for the Protection of Producers of Phonograms Against Unauthorized Duplication of Their Phonograms: The Phonograms Convention, adopted in Geneva in October 1971, provides for the obligation of each Contracting State to protect a producer of phonograms who is a national of another Contracting State against the making of duplicates without that producer’s consent, against the importation of such duplicates, where the making or importation is for the purpose of distribution to the public; and against the distribution of such duplicates to the public. WIPO is responsible, jointly with the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), for the administration of this Convention.
– WIPO Copyright Treaty (WCT): The WIPO Copyright Treaty (WCT) is a special agreement under the Berne Convention which deals with the protection of works and the rights of their authors in the digital environment. In addition to the rights recognized by the Berne Convention, they are granted certain economic rights. The Treaty also deals with two subject matters to be protected by copyright: (i) computer programs, whatever the mode or form of their expression; and (ii) compilations of data or other material (“databases”).
– WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty: The WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty (WPPT) deals with the rights of two kinds of beneficiaries, particularly in the digital environment: (i) performers (actors, singers, musicians, etc.); and (ii) producers of phonograms (persons or legal entities that take the initiative and have the responsibility for the fixation of sounds).
About this Dataset
John Snow Labs; World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
|Source License URL|
|Source License Requirements||
Copyright Treaties, WIPO, WIPO Administered Treaties, International Copyrights, Copyrights
Membership to WIPO Administered Copyright Treaties, WIPO Administered Copyright Treaties List of Countries, List of Membership to International Copyright Treaties, List of Parties to International Copyright Protection Treaties
|Contracting_Party||List of countries which have signed and ratified international copyright treaty.||string||required : 1|
|Treaty_Name||Name of International Copyright Treaty||string||required : 1|
|Signature_Date||Date on which the treaty came into effect for a given country||date||-|
|Instrument_Type||Type of legal instrument||string||-|
|Instrument_Date||Legal instrument Date of effect||date||-|
|Entry_Into_Force_Date||Date at which the treaties come to have legal force and effect.||date||-|
|Contracting Party||Treaty Name||Signature Date||Instrument Type||Instrument Date||Entry Into Force Date|
|Afghanistan||MARRA - Marrakesh Treaty||2013-06-28|
|Albania||PH - Phonograms Convention||Accession||2001-03-26||2001-06-26|
|Albania||RO - Rome Convention||Accession||2000-06-01||2000-09-01|
|Albania||WCT - WIPO Copyright Treaty||Accession||2005-05-06||2005-08-06|
|Albania||WPPT- WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty||Accession||2001-05-17||2002-05-20|
|Algeria||RO - Rome Convention||Accession||2007-01-22||2007-04-22|
|Algeria||WCT - WIPO Copyright Treaty||Accession||2013-10-31||2014-01-31|
|Algeria||WPPT- WIPO Performances and Phonograms Treaty||Accession||2013-10-31||2014-01-31|