This dataset provides demographic data that could be necessary for evaluation and organization of medical services and population health evaluation. The source of the original dataset is the U.S. Census Bureau, which releases an update for this data every 10 years. The original dataset covers the period starting with 2010. The original dataset variables were organized in a logical order and then renamed. In addition to this, a new field was created to indicate the type, county or statistical/legal area. The county word, from the end of county name, was removed. FIPS means Federal Information Processing Standards and according to U.S. Census Bureau the 5 classes of FIPS code represents:
– H1 is for an active county or statistically equivalent entity that does not qualify under subclass C7 or H6;
– H4 is for a legally defined inactive or nonfunctioning county or statistically equivalent entity that does not qualify under subclass H6;
– H5 is for census areas in Alaska, a statistical county equivalent entity;
– H6 is for a county or statistically equivalent entity that is really coextensive or governmentally consolidated with an incorporated place, part of an incorporated place, or a consolidated city;
– H7 is for an incorporated place that is an independent city; that is, it also serves as a county equivalent because it is not part of any county, and a minor civil division (MCD) equivalent because it is not part of any MCD.