John Snow Labs is making all its licensed softwares – Spark NLP for Healthcare, the Healthcare AI Platform, and the Curated Datasets – available for free to data scientists who are actively tackling COVID-19.
The full Spark NLP for Healthcare gives you access to state-of-the-art:
- Clinical named entity recognition – train your own or use pre-trained models to extract clinical facts (symptoms, diagnoses, treatments, procedures), drug facts (name, strength, dosage, route, frequency, duration), and biomedical terms (organism, tissue, gene, gene product, chemical, …).
- Assertion status detection – telling between positive assertions (“patient has diabetes”), negative assertions (“no fever”), uncertain assertions (“shows indications of depression”), or assertions about other people (“family history of lung cancer”).
- Entity resolution – train your own or use pre-trained models to resolve recognized entities to SNOMED-CT, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, or RxNorm.
- De-identification – Anonymize either structured tables or unstructured free text including all HIPAA-required fields and then either remove, mask, or obfuscate PHI.
- OCR tool – accurately transform PDF and image files to digital text with a built-in algorithms for image pre-processing (binarizer, thresholding, erosion, scaling, skew correction), image cleansing (noise scorer, remove objects, morphology), and handling of complex document layouts (LayoutAnalyzer, SplitRegions, DrawRegions, PositionFinder).
If you’re also looking for an air-gap, end-to-end AI platform for analyzing PHI at scale – our AI Platform for Healthcare is freely available as well.
Our company is named after Dr. John Snow – the medical doctor who helped stop the outbreak of cholera in 1854 London by analyzing data. We exist for the very purpose of empowering many more like him in the 21st century.
It will take all of us to end COVID-19. Fill in the form and we’ll do out best to have you up and running.